Thursday, February 23, 2012

... a murder of crows

Dark, evil, and scary I see.
It is staring disturbingly at me.
Hop and bounce it goes.
All the way through the rows.

There are copious amounts over there.
They stare at me evily, with no care.
They are waiting for delicious food.
Why are they so rude?

Walking over the parking lot,
standing there, hoping not to get caught.
Looking at me with huge bug eyes.
People staring at them with sighs.

I go up to it, wondering what it thinks.
Jumping on carts, making loud clinks.
It is like he is asking me to go,
this horrible animal is a crow.
                                                  by Jenna


There are three murders over there,
sitting in three trees,
and there is a certain crow
that is staring at me.

That one certain crow's eyes
were gleaming in the sun,
so I got up from my bench
and I started to run.

The crow then caught up to me
and I screamed.
I was so scared
of how bright his eyes gleamed.

I tried to get up.
But the crow knocked me down.
No matter how hard I tried
I couldn't get off the ground.

When I finally managed to get up,
the crow had already flown away.
Then I realized to my surprise
the crow had been a hallucination of the sunny day.


The sky, clouds, and trees weren't real,
the murders of crow weren't real, too.
But just a single crow was real;
the one that was controlling my thoughts - telling me what to do.
                                                by Hunter


Crow, oh Crow!  What do you know?
You sit on a cart all day!
You sound like you have no heart!
You sit and wait for snow.

You know no one watches.
You know no one cares.
You sit on perches all day,
even when people say... "hey!"
                               by Hope


A black crow sat upon the silver handle of a grocery cart.  Its beady black eyes stared into mine as if it were looking into my soul.  Its feathers flustered around his back and wings.  It waddled across the handle, but its eyes were still fixed upon me.  Suddenly, a murder of crows came gliding in, taking over the carts with their pitch black feathers.
I turned around to show my little brother, but by the time he arrived they were all gone.  All of them were, except the first one.  Its beady black eyes fixed on me, and it didn't even blink.
                                                                                                                      by Megan


The black beetle eyes bore into my soul.
Her wings were shiny and midnight black.
Its gruesome glare made me feel like I was
falling down in a never-ending hole.

This murder of crows made me feel cursed.
They all kept their eyes fixed on me
and when I yelled at them all to leave,
it just made my problem worse.
                                                  by Cailyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!